5 reasons why you should vlog your holidays
Today I’d like to do something slightly different than my usual outfit posts… I’d like to encourage you guys to do something: vlog your holidays! Now let’s be clear – I’m not encouraging you to start a YouTube channel or whatsoever, all I’m saying is that videos make good memories, even if you keep them for yourself!
I started vlogging my trips at the beginning of the year when I got my hands on the Olympus PEN E-PL7. This camera is really good for vlogging: between the tilting screen and amazing image quality, it’s super easy to use and the result looks really cool. So I’ve used this little gem to vlog some super cool trips in Lisbon, Paris, New York, Berlin…. I love looking back at these now that a few months have passed, and I absolutely love vlogging. Here’s why:
1. It’s the best memories ever. 1000 times better than pictures!
2. It encourages you to do cool things everyday. That boat ride you were hesitating on? Do it, you’ll have some great memories of it on camera! That special restaurant you’re a bit scared of testing? Try it for the sake of capturing your reaction ;)
3. It makes you care less about what others think of you. Which is good. It’s obviously difficult to film yourself talking to a camera on the street but you’ll see, it gets easier with time ;)
4. It makes you notice the little things that make life even more beautiful. You’ll see, you’ll smile more!
5. And you’ll have lots of fun. I swear. A little bit of self mockery will make you feel way more relaxed in your life! Laughing about yourself is always good.
So, did I convince you guys? Here are a few of my favorite vlogs from the past three months, in case you’d like to (re)watch them :) I filmed everything with my Olympus PEN E-PL7 and the 14-42mm, which is the one that comes with the camera when you buy it.
Hope you guys liked this post, don’t hesitate to let me know what you think of this! Lots of love x