my tips for finding motivation to work out
As cheesy as it sounds, one of my resolutions for 2017 is to work out more. I started going to the gym again in September and I’ve almost managed to go twice a week since then, which is something I’m super proud of! Working out again makes me feel great – I also started yoga again and it helps me so much with stress!!
Today I wanted to share with you a few tips for finding the motivation to work out on the long term:
- Don’t set the bar too high at first. Don’t suddenly decide to go to the gym three times a week. Start by going once a week for a month, then go more often once you’re used to it!
- Make a great playlist. Good music is necessary for me when I go to the gym. My personal favorites for work out songs are Avicii, Green Day, and The Offspring.
- Invest in work out wear. I cannot stress this enough! Feeling great in your work out clothes is a key element to being motivated in my opinion. As you can see I teamed up with ODLO for this post and they have some amazing work out wear at the moment! If you feel great while working out, you’ll push yourself even further.
- Find a work out buddy. Once a week I go to the gym with my mom and my cousin, and I find it way easier to find motivation when I’m not going alone! It brings a social dimension to working out, and makes it more fun.
- Eat healthy. I know some people feel like they can eat anything they want because they compensate with working out, but I personally find that eating healthy before or after going to the gym motivates me more!
I hope you guys will find these useful, thanks for stopping by today and happy 2017! x
☽ I’M WEARING ☾
in collaboration with Odlo